Marketing, PR and investor comms for vertically integrated cannabis co.
Akrete represented Garden Remedies, a Massachusetts-based independent vertically integrated cannabis company from 2018-2019, helping it navigate the transition to serving both medical patients and adult use customers, attracting the attention of multiple potential strategic investors.
We emphasized a targeted media strategy that engaged local, regional, national and cannabis industry publications with goals to positively shape the firm’s reputation with consumers, political decision-makers and investors. In addition to hyper-local Boston area media and cannabis trade publications, we also worked with general business media like the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, The Boston Globe and other similar outlets to advocate for the normalizing of legal cannabis as a positive contributor to society.
In the spirit of an “all hands on deck” philosophy, we provided a broad spectrum of services including:
- Public relations including media strategies designed to support political strategies and investor outreach
- Investor communications (quarterly reports and ad hoc communications)
- Email, text, newsletter direct marketing
- Content development, award submissions, blog writing
- Social media strategy, community management and content development for FB, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Event planning and dispensary launches
- Advertising and sponsorships, collateral, websites
- Online forums management including Leafly, Weedmaps, Google, Yelp
- Marketing strategy
Garden Remedies won multiple medical and adult-use approvals that we supported with our public relations and marketing services. They successfully passed inspections including collateral and in-dispensary communications review. Additionally, the company won a NIMBY battle in the town where they launched their business and first dispensary, successfully defeating an anti-cannabis ballot initiative and winning key approvals from the City Council using messaging we prepared and using a media strategy we created and executed.