Open Position, January 2019: Associate Account Executive
- Associate Account Executive
- 40+ hours per week
- FTE, full benefits
- 0-2 years’ experience (internship experience preferred)
- To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Becky Reno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Associate Account Executive (AAE) is a key member of our team, the entry-level professional who supports other Account team members in managing and coordinating all day-to-day operations of the clients’ PR and marketing campaigns. The AAE is the glue that holds the team together by ensuring all account management fundamentals are flawlessly buttoned up, so that the account can function as seamlessly as possible across all core projects and tasks. The AAE learns the PR and Marketing profession by executing projects as assigned by other team members and manages the work of interns to ensure all account service commitments are maintained.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in PR, marketing or related business major with internship or similar experience.
- Strong work ethic and unquenchable desire to learn about the PR and Marketing profession.
- Finds satisfaction in problem solving and meeting commitments with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with multi-location and cross-functional teams without direct authority and collaborate across all partners
- Great writer with samples of work from academic or professional settings
- Respect for others regardless of level, background or relationship
- Positive, can-do attitude throughout all tasks big and small
- Strong communications and client management abilities
- Proactive and inquisitive demeanor
- Organized, detail-oriented, and thorough
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Understands how to prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Meeting preparedness and ability to troubleshoot issues effectively
- Eager to learn & take on new responsibilities; looks for opportunities to support team and business wherever possible
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems, but knows when to ask for help/guidance
Team Relationship & Management
- Proactively manages up and across teams (over-communication is encouraged). Note this includes being able to say no at certain times, while partnering with Account Executive(s) (AEs) to prioritize workload by importance/urgency across projects.
- Builds trust and respect from external team members (e.g., other internal departments, partner agencies, clients).
- Works closely with AE(s) to keep all project management and results tracking documents updated
- Creates and maintains media lists and editorial calendars
- Provides daily news monitoring for clients
- Works closely with interns to monitor the media and competitor activity, capturing key insights and media activity in real-time.
- Engages AE(s) proactively as competitive alerts come through on weekly basis, learning to escalate urgent competitive activity proactively and understanding competitive movement that is less actionable.
- Brings new thinking to team through competitive intelligence and assessments
- Crafts internal competitive alerts and be able to speak to what competitors are currently messaging (including across regions) to broadly speak to what competitive activity on an as-needed basis.
- Supports the implementation of both traditional media and social media campaigns
- Drafts content including press releases, social media releases, pitches and blog posts
- Provides insight into key trends in client industries and helps to create story ideas that generate coverage and buzz
- Drafts speaking abstracts and award nominations
- Distributes press releases
- Helps develop compelling pitches and identify proactive media opportunities
- Accountable for majority of internal and client invites, including clear subject lines, intents/agenda, up-to-date dial-in’s and WebEx links, flawless attendees, and no typos
- Proactively manages internal & client calendars with appropriate parties well ahead of upcoming meeting time needs to ensure all parties are secured for any given meeting
- Quickly communicates any conflicts/challenges/new attendees to AE(s) to ensure all internal parties are up to date before meetings start
- Develops client agendas, recap reports, and regular weekly/monthly reports, proactively checking in with AE to ensure details are up to date
- The AAE should always be the most prepared person in a meeting, complete with printed copies, all call-in information, any & all technical equipment and any reference materials needed for the meeting
- Ensures account Dropbox folder is always up to date, orderly and includes all updated and relevant account management files and creative assets including creative briefs, brand presentations, recaps, internal debriefs, etc.
- Ability to quickly navigate and share latest documents, regardless of project, with team member in need
- Knows brand assets for assigned accounts inside and out – what agency already has vs. not, and who to reach out to from the client in order to receive needed materials in a timely manner
- Execute day-to-day aspects of social and digital campaigns
- Participates in key industry forums and social media platforms
- Performs community management duties
- Proactively owns timeline management helping to identify timing changes to clients
- Improves workflows across all team members
- Contributes toward new business pitches
- Participates in social media engagement for clients and agency
The people who succeed at Akrete are self-motivated, ambitious, and eager to think outside the box. Your passion for continual learning, authentic human communications, and stepping outside your comfort zone to be a team player will get you far.
Akrete is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.