Open Position, Spring 2019: Account Executive
- Account Executive
- 40+ hours per week
- FTE, full benefits
- 2+ years’ experience
- To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Becky Reno at email@example.com.
The Account Executive (AE) is a key member of our team, the junior mid-level professional who supports other account team members in managing and coordinating all day-to-day operations of the clients’ PR and marketing campaigns. The AE is a critical role, often required to manage up and down, and ensures all account management fundamentals are flawlessly buttoned up, whether the AE is executing the work or overseeing an Associate Account Executives (AAE) or intern. The AE further accelerates learning about the PR and Marketing profession, as well as the industries of Akrete clients, by executing projects as assigned by other team members and manages the work of AAE and interns to ensure all account service commitments are maintained.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in PR, communications, marketing, journalism or related business major with internship or similar experience. Liberal arts majors with strong internship and work experience considered.
- 2-3 years of post-college PR agency experience, ideally working with business clients, additional commercial real estate, financial services, technology and professional services experience is particularly relevant.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
- Adaptable, dependable and promotes positive work environment
- Ability to work with multiple clients simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and unquenchable desire to learn about new, complex material.
- Finds satisfaction in problem solving and meeting commitments with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with multi-location and cross-functional teams without direct authority and collaborate across all partners
- Great writer with samples of work from professional settings
- Clear communicator across all mediums
- Working knowledge of multiple social media and digital marketing platforms
- Respect for others regardless of level, background or relationship
- Positive, can-do attitude throughout all tasks big and small
- Strong communications and client management abilities
- Ambitious, focused on achieving results
- Proactive and inquisitive demeanor
- Organized, detail-oriented, and thorough
- Ability to juggle multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Understands how to prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Meeting preparedness and ability to troubleshoot issues effectively
- Eager to learn and take on new responsibilities; looks for opportunities to support team and business wherever possible
- Self-starter who proactively seeks solutions to problems, but knows when to ask for help/guidance
- Sense of humor
Team Relationship & Management
- Proactively manages up and down across teams (over-communication is encouraged). Note this includes being able to say no at certain times, while partnering with Senior Account Executive(s) (SAEs) and Account Directors (ADs) to prioritize workload by importance/urgency across projects.
- Builds trust and respect from external team members (e.g., other internal departments, partner agencies, clients).
- Performs a wide range of media relations, content creation, digital marketing and account management tasks.
Team Akrete + AAE/intern mentorship and management
- Mentors and manages junior team members’ involvement in projects and initiatives
- Manages and oversees AAE(s) and interns, specifically as it relates to:
- Keeping all project management and results tracking documents updated
- Creating and maintains media lists and editorial calendars
- Provides daily news monitoring for clients
- Monitoring the media and competitor activity, capturing key insights and media activity in real-time.
- Participates in new business opportunities – either with research, creation of media playbooks and/or attending and having a role in the meetings
- Generates creative ideas to help drive client PR/social media programs; proactively offers recommendations and ideas to the program and shares recommendations with clients on how to use industry news and trends to impact their programs
- The AE should be prepared to lead a weekly status meeting and should always ensure the team is prepared for the weekly status check in, with agenda, weekly reports delivered, complete with printed copies, all call-in information, any & all technical equipment and any reference materials needed for the meeting
- Ensures account Dropbox folder is always up to date, orderly and includes all updated and relevant account management files and creative assets including creative briefs, brand presentations, recaps, internal debriefs, etc.
- Shares important competitive news with clients, along with analysis and preliminary thoughts on next steps.
- Brings new thinking to team and client(s) through competitive intelligence and assessments
- Provides insight into key trends in client industries and helps create story ideas that generate coverage and buzz
- Accountable for majority of internal and client invites, including clear subject lines, intents/agenda, up-to-date dial-in’s and WebEx links, flawless attendees, and no typos
- Proactively manages internal & client calendars with appropriate parties well ahead of upcoming meeting time needs to ensure all parties are secured for any given meeting
- Quickly communicates any conflicts/challenges/new attendees to SAE(s)/AD(s) to ensure all internal parties are up to date before meetings start
- Develops client agendas, recap reports, and regular weekly/monthly reports, proactively checking in with SAE/AD to ensure details are up to date
- Proactively owns timeline management helping to identify timing changes to clients
- Improves workflows across all team members
- Ability to quickly navigate and share latest documents with team members in need
- Strong understanding of client’s business and the broader industry
- Knows brand assets for assigned accounts inside and out – what agency already has vs. not, and who to reach out to from the client in order to receive needed materials in a timely manner
- Delivers high-quality writing in the form of pitches, press releases, bylines, case studies, blogs, social content, etc.
- Drafts speaking abstracts and award nominations
- Supports the implementation of both traditional media and social media campaigns
- Distributes press releases
- Helps develop compelling pitches and identify proactive media opportunities
- Pursues and secures media opportunities (trade, consumer, business media, etc.) for clients; builds and nurtures strong relationships with media contacts
Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Develops effective social media programs for a variety of channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Executes day-to-day aspects of social and digital campaigns
- Participates in key industry forums and social media platforms
- Performs community management duties
- Participates in social media engagement for clients and agency
The people who succeed at Akrete are self-motivated, ambitious, and eager to think outside the box. Your passion for continual learning, authentic human communications, and stepping outside your comfort zone to be a team player will get you far.
Akrete is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.