Open Position, January 2019: Account Director
- Account Director
- 20-40 hours per week
- FTE or Independent Contractor team member
- Minimum 10 years’ experience
- To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Becky Reno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PR and Marketing pros—is your New Year’s Resolution to find a new Account Director or VP-level position that works for your life? High performers, meet Team Akrete.
Akrete, a national PR and Marketing Communications firm based in downtown Evanston with an office in Aon Center, is hiring an experienced Public Relations Account Director to join our growing team of creative and passionate leaders who welcome intellectual rigor and know award-winning work requires creativity, humor and hard work. Most of our clients are B2B; ALL our clients require B2H communication and constantly refreshed ideas and approaches.
We’re different than other agencies. Founded in 2011 by single mom and agency leader Margy Sweeney, schedule and location flexibility is part of our DNA. Our entire platform is based on working when and where it makes the most sense, and on never apologizing for balancing personal and professional commitments. Margy realized that amazing PR people (mostly women) were leaving the profession en-masse in their 30s because 70-hour weeks and kids just don’t mix well for most people. We assign accounts based on how much time you have to give, with many of our Account Directors working 20-30 hours per week. We’re a mid-sized agency with small agency service and big agency results, thanks to our culture and commitment to quality work and uncompromising client service.
Our flexible model doesn’t work for just anyone. We seek rock stars who don’t need babysitting, account leaders who can multitask and ideate on the fly. You will work with a committed team of writers, junior staff, media relations specialists and digital natives to create and execute top-notch integrated campaigns. Flexibility extends beyond our personnel and into our client work, as well. We don’t quibble about labels—we do what our clients need and bring them ideas from across the promotional spectrum whether it’s Marketing, PR, Sponsored Content, Digital Advertising or Zookeeping (OK, maybe not that last one).
Akrete is a special place, and we’re looking for 1-2 Chicago-area account leaders who will be a good fit for our team. Our clients are primarily in the financial services and commercial real estate industries, with an emerging B2C focus on select high growth markets. They include some of the most admired companies in our industries including JLL (NYSE: JLL), KeyBank (NYSE: KEY), Skender, Golub & Company and Garden Remedies. We work nationally and globally, and about half our team is based in the Chicago area, with the other half in locations around the country, in keeping with our values to work where and when it makes the most sense.
We offer the option to join us as a traditional FTE or on an ongoing contract basis. Want to be a part of articulating business stories with us? Here’s more info.
Account Director Responsibilities
- Run the accounts assigned to you, serving as the overall account leader, taking ultimate responsibility for all PR, Marketing and Digital work, delivering it appropriately to meet client objectives and within budget and scope.
- Lead and oversee campaign development and execution, including media relations, analytics, strategy, creative and influencer marketing
- Foster and maintain productive and influential client relationships
- Serve as expert in integrated programs across paid, owned and earned media in social campaigns
- Cultivate a culture of respect, excellence and constant growth and partnership within your teams
- Serve as an ambassador of Akrete’s capabilities to grow our work with the client accounts that you lead and identify opportunities for client expansion
- Take a leadership role in business development for Akrete as time allows
- Serve as culture builder and mentor, making Akrete a great place to work for everyone who works with you
- Manage financials, including SOWs, invoices, budgets and billing, projections and staffing for your assigned accounts,
- Work directly with client(s) to communicate where work is outpacing agreed-upon scope and budget and determine appropriate path forward
- Lead by example in a culture of communicating with everyone on your teams regarding coverage, schedule and overall roles and responsibilities
Account Director Qualifications
- Experience leading PR and/or digital marketing accounts taking full responsibility for client service and campaign management and delivery
- You’re a skilled writer who can translate complex subject matter in an accessible, human and engaging way
- You’re an organized project manager
- You think outside the box and care about bringing fresh ideas to your clients
- You crave a team where you can laugh every day with your coworkers, even when deadlines and high-pressure situations are imminent
- You’ve worked with remote teams or are open to the idea of doing so
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field with 8-10 years of experience at a PR, Digital or Integrated Marketing Agency
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Comfort and proficiency in engaging with and leading meetings with senior executives
- Experience creating and executing earned media, including social, campaigns
- You have a strong understanding of traditional media and content marketing strategies, and the ability to integrate campaign strategies and tactics across earned, owned and paid media.
- Mentoring and teaching come naturally to you.
- Your desire for a flexible schedule is coupled with the ability to work in teams to make sure clients are covered at all times.
- You welcome accountability and structure, allowing for flexibility and innovation