Our team, our family.
AKRETE IS HIRING:
PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT MANAGER
About the role
We’re looking for a new member of our public relations and marketing communications team, a PR generalist with robust client management, writing and media relations skills, ideally with a focus on B2B and experience in our focus industries. You’ll drive media strategy, draft and edit PR and Marketing content of all shapes and sizes, and be responsible for campaign implementation. You’re as organized and detail-oriented as you are creative and goal-driven.
Akrete is the country’s #5 real estate PR firm, and we’re growing rapidly in the workplace, financial services and cannabis industries, as well. You’ll be part of a high performing, non-traditional team that values results over “time visible at your desk” and excels in creating and promoting complex content. As a group, we are curious, creative and thoughtful. We value intelligence, hard work, diversity and the unique skills each individual brings to the table.
You’ll be part of a senior team and unique culture that is simultaneously fiercely independent and decidedly collaborative. We all work where and when it makes sense—always have, since 2011—including sometimes in our homes, and sometimes in our Industrious offices (primarily in downtown Evanston and at 500 West Madison in downtown Chicago). We also have team members who work from home offices in Boston, NYC, LA, Florida and other locations, too.
Before applying, please read this article published by the Forbes Agency Council by our CEO, and learn more about our culture. Our team is comprised of both 1099 contractors who work less than 40 hours per week and full-time W2 employees. We envision this role for a 20-30 hour per week contractor; however, we are open to considering a full-time employee role for the right candidate.
We expect you to have a firm grasp of running a successful and growing PR program. This will include primarily client management, content creation and media relations, including some digital marketing, social media, email marketing and related services. Of course, this must all operate efficiently, within budget and be measured and evaluated according to industry best practices.
Responsibilities / Skills
- Media relations — developing thoughtful media strategies, recommending new pitch ideas based on the news cycle, building relationships with and pitching relevant media (business, trade, verticals both online and broadcast), newsjacking and rapid response
- Client management — works directly with clients on a daily basis advising on strategy, implementation, new program ideas, status and performance of public relations programs
- Content creation — research and creation of content, largely consisting of press announcements, blog posts, thought leadership, contributed columns, web copy and other related material. Must know how to write in a “business to human” voice.
- Social media — organic social media implementation of campaigns, primarily focused on LinkedIn and Instagram
- At least 5 years’ relevant PR experience, agency experience (senior account executive title or above) ideal
- B2B thought leadership writing skills (writing samples will be requested for candidates we choose to interview)
- Experience in commercial real estate, finance and/or cannabis
- Entrepreneurial with strong business savvy
- Collaborative, detail-oriented, open-minded and kind
- Strong presentation skills in front of C-level execs
- Ability to counsel clients and make recommendations on the fly
- Unflappable, practical, proactive, mature approach
- Creative, disciplined, curious, organized
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, learn new things
- Proven ability to work in a hybrid environment with colleagues and clients across three time zones
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header ‘PR Manager’ in the title and a link to your LinkedIn profile in the body copy.
We always welcome proactive outreach from rising communications stars –please send us an email at email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter for consideration.