Our team, our family.
Media Relations Leader
We are searching for a media relations leader – a Rockstar pitcher, with a passion for securing media placements, and coaching others to do the same. We’re looking for a person who gets that “high” when they’ve got a hit pending in the Journal, or have a line on a broadcast appearance, and who can also collaborate with others—and work creatively with the sometimes-challenging content and spokespeople that come our way.
This person will need at least 20+ hours per week for Team Akrete – up to full-time. We will work with the right person to find the right hours and structure.
PRELIMINARY JOB DESCRIPTION
In this player/coach role, a senior media outreach professional with a strong track record will:
- Secure national business media placements for clients in the commercial real estate, banking, economic development and technology sectors.
- Lead our media outreach function, including a broad range of responsibilities.
- Mentor and coach other media pitchers (some senior, some junior).
- Coordinate efforts with account managers and a highly collaborative team.
- Maintain and establish new relationships with key national trade reporters.
- Establish media relationships and secure placements in new industry verticals to our clients.
- Provide candid input on client content, providing ideas for how to improve its appeal to reporters.